Linda Kaplan Thaler
CEO, Chief Creative Officer
- At the Kaplan Thaler Group since:
- 1997 - The very beginning!
- What I do:
- I help set the vision and philosophy of the agency, while working day to day overseeing the creative output.
- What I've done:
- I've done stand-up comedy, hosted two reality TV shows, acted off-Broadway, taught music theory at CCNY, co-written three best-selling books, helped to create those teary-eyed Kodak moments and wrote the Toys ‘R’ Us jingle—which has been running so long those kids are now grandparents—and composed music for television and theatre. My favorite hobby is sleeping.
- A moment to remember:
- While earning my MA in music, I spent my days toiling away, trying to write cutting-edge atonal compositions. Then one day, my professor looked at me and said in his thick Argentinean accent, “Leenda, you cannot do this. Maybe you should write jeengles.” What audacity! What an insult! And what a great career move that turned out to be! Lesson learned: Plan B is often the best path to take, so don't fight it.