Managing Director, Creative Services
- At the Kaplan Thaler Group since:
- September 15, 1997—the day we opened the doors!
- What I do:
- I manage the workflow of our 50-member traditional and digital creative department, as well as oversee the graphics services department, a job that I like to describe as "making order out of chaos!"
- What I did:
- Came back to my NY roots from my teen years in Kansas to work as a copywriter at JWT making “Kodak Moments,” and managed airline financial and fast food businesses. There I met Linda Kaplan Thaler, and formed a friendship and business partnership that’s still growing strong after more years than we care to admit! In between work, I became a member of my Midwest college’s Board of Trustees and President of my NYC co-op board—two more positions that require “making order out of chaos!”
- A moment to remember:
- Friday, June 13, 1997. Linda called me and said, “I’m thinking of starting my own company. Want to come and help me run it?” Lesson learned here: Friday the 13th can absolutely bring good luck and exciting times, especially if you’re willing to take a step in a new direction.